11 Things You’ll Love About Working at KSS
Keystone Science School is proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Not-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work! Here are 11 things you’ll love about working at KSS:
- We approach our work with a sense of mission. While our organizational structure leverages each employees’ unique specialties and skills, we are collectively driven by our goal to change lives and strengthen communities.
- We strive for excellence. Joining our staff means joining a community of intelligent, driven, and hardworking teammates passionate about doing their best work!
- We bring fun and laughter to everything we do. Whether we’re dressed up as zombies during Harvest Camp or skiing together on a powder day, we enjoy spending time with our co-workers. We know that collaboration and trust are built on a foundation of having fun together.
- We care about each other and those we serve. Employees describe the KSS culture as welcoming, supportive, and like a second family.
- We love the outdoors. While our staff comes from a wide variety of backgrounds, our team is united with a passion for outdoor recreation. Fortunately for us, Summit County is nature’s playground, offering no shortage of skiing/riding, hiking, backpacking, cycling, climbing, rafting, and other outdoor adventures.
- We are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. In 2018, 8,800 youth and adults participated in Keystone Science School’s programs, and one-third received financial assistance. Our Spanish-speaking students and parents are supported by our bilingual Instructors and admin staff.
- We value collaboration. Thanks to the amazing support of our Capital Campaign donors, in 2019 we moved into our new administrative building: Tieken Place. Built with collaboration in mind, Tieken brings our admin and program teams into a connected, open-office workspace.
- We have a safe and harassment-free workplace. KSS has programs and employees dedicated to creating a physically and psychologically safe environment for our staff and students.
- We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits. Our excellent time off policy for year-round employees includes 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 holidays, plus time off for your birthday, community service, and powder days! Most seasonal staff are eligible for affordable or no-cost employee housing.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. KSS is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- We create KSS Magic. Above all else, the KSS Magic is what makes our organization an amazing place to work. We know that people are impacted by their experiences at Keystone Science School. Our lives have been transformed and we inspire others to reflect, grow, and change as well.