*NEW FOR 2017*
We are packing up Discovery Camp and hitting the road! This new action-packed program for younger teens is focused on outdoor skill building and environmental science. We will explore from a remote base camp as we take on challenging hikes, multiple adventures and use critical thinking as we voyage higher and further into the Rockies!
- Grades: 8 – 10
- Drop-off/Pick-up: 11:00 AM drop-off, 1:00 PM family slideshow and pick-up at KSS Campus
- Fee: Vary per session. See sessions below for specific fees.
- Discounts: 5% Multi-child discounts are available and will be added in automatically during registration. Financial aid is available to qualifying applicants.
- Groups: 12 adventurers per session with three KV leaders. Group size may vary depending on location.
- Activities: Camping, hiking, whitewater rafting, outdoor rock climbing, horseback riding, fly fishing (activities vary based on session and are updated throughout the year. Check back for more details and updates.)
- Themes: Each session is adventure-based, but will have a different curriculum theme that will be incorporated into every aspect of your adventurer’s session.
- Capacity: Space is limited, so register early!
2017 Keystone Voyagers Sessions
Registration Now Open!
For up-to-the-minute session availability, please reference the registration website.
SESSION 1: Deserts and Dinosaurs--Read more about this program here!
Dates: Monday, June 19 - Saturday, June 24
Curriculum Features: Earth Science, Geology, Dinosaur Fossils
Trip Itinerary: Camping and hiking in Dinosaur National Monument, whitewater rafting, horseback riding
SESSION 2: Steamboat Rodeos
Dates: Monday, June 26 - Saturday, July 1 *ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT IN THIS SESSION!
Curriculum Features: Aquatic Ecology
Trip Itinerary: Camping and hiking in Steamboat Springs, 3 days of river kayaking instruction, horseback riding
SESSION 3: Rocky Mountain Rocks!
Dates: Monday, July 10 - Saturday, July 15 *ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT IN THIS SESSION!
Curriculum Features: Geology and Wildlife of the Rocky Mountains
Trip Itinerary: Camping and hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park, stand-up paddleboarding, rock climbing
SESSION 4: Summit Week
Dates: Monday, July 24 - Saturday, July 29
Curriculum Features: Mountain Climbing, High Altitude Environments
Trip Itinerary: Camping and hiking, rock climbing, white water rafting. *This is a high adventure trip featuring attempts at two 14,000 ft summits.