Campership - Financial Aid for Summer Camp - BECAS
Our Campership program strives to enable as many children as possible to have a KSS Camp experience by providing assistance to families with demonstrated financial need. In 2019 KSS provided over $24,000 in funding to 41 campers. We have dedicated volunteers known as our campership committee who read all applications and make decisions on the behalf of Keystone Science School. Financial aid is not guaranteed. We do our best to accommodate and take into consideration each applying family.
Only fully completed applications will be considered for financial aid. Each family must complete the online application and include all supplemental forms found within the online application process.
- Application Opens: November 12, 2019 10:00AM
- Application Closes: April 1, 2020 11:59PM
- Notification of Decision: May 1, 2020
Steps to Apply
- Register for the “Campership Application” through Active.
- Complete the supplemental application within your confirmation email and upload to your Active registration.
- Keep an eye out for Communication from Keystone Science School!
- Only fully completed applications will be accepted.
- Do not register for camp separately from this application. If you register before receiving a Campership award, your application will be void and you will no longer be eligible for a Campership.
- Every family must provide a minimum of $100.00 in order to provide a sense of commitment and responsibility toward the camp experience.
- Awards are not tied to a specific session. You will have the opportunity to choose your program preference and you will also fill out a sheet with session preferences, but be aware that you are not guaranteed your first choice of sessions. Keystone Science School reserves the right to reassign sessions based on enrollment and camp needs.
It is required to complete the online application and include all necessary supplemental forms. If computer access is a challenge for you and your family, you can complete this paper Campership Application (PDF) / BECAS para Campamentos de Verano and mail to:
- Keystone Science School
- Attn: Campership Committee
- 1053 Soda Ridge Rd.
- Keystone, CO 80435
Please include with your application a copy of your most recent W2 or Tax Return. Please black out personal information (i.e Social Security Numbers).
The KSS Campership Program is supported through individual and business donations. Below donors who have supported our campership program in 2019. You can also review the impact of our Campership Program in the 2019 Campership Report (PDF).
- Alpine Bank
- Harvey L. Miller Family Foundation
- Joel and Patti Meier
- Patrick and Jan Rutty
- Town of Frisco
- Vineyards Foundation
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations
- Kyle Ordway Memorial Foundation
- Reschool Colorado
- Slifer, Smith & Frampton Foundation
- Westeroff Family Foundation
- And all the generous individual and camp family donors
Keystone Science School is American Camp Association Accredited