Due to the current waitlist, the scholarship application is closed for Day Camp. If you are a Summit County resident we encourage you to apply for a scholarship for Summer CATCH Camp before June 30th.
Summer Camp Scholarship
We understand that COVID-19 has placed many in our community with hardship. In order to serve the growing financial burden put on our community, Keystone Science School is opening up the camp scholarship application to include all summer camp programs, and broadening our requirements. We encourage all families with demonstrated financial need to apply.
We have dedicated volunteers known as our Campership Committee who read all applications and make decisions on the behalf of Keystone Science School. While a scholarship is not guaranteed we do our best to accommodate and take into consideration each applying family.
Steps to Apply
Only fully completed applications will be considered for scholarships.
- Application Opens: November 12, 2019
- Application Closes: June 30, 2020
- Notification of Decision: Ongoing
- Only fully completed applications will be accepted.
- Do not register for camp separately from this application. If you register before receiving a scholarship award, your application will be void and you will no longer be eligible for a scholarship.
- Every family must provide a small financial commitment in order to provide a sense of responsibility toward the camp experience.
- Awards are not tied to a specific session. You will have the opportunity to choose your program preference and you will also fill out a sheet with session preferences, but be aware that you are not guaranteed your first choice of sessions. Keystone Science School reserves the right to reassign sessions based on enrollment and camp needs.
The KSS camp scholarship program is supported through individual and business donations. Below donors who have supported our camp scholarship program in 2019. You can also review the impact of this program in the 2019 Campership Report (PDF).
- Alpine Bank
- Harvey L. Miller Family Foundation
- Joel and Patti Meier
- Patrick and Jan Rutty
- Town of Frisco
- Vineyards Foundation
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations
- Kyle Ordway Memorial Foundation
- Reschool Colorado
- Slifer, Smith & Frampton Foundation
- Westeroff Family Foundation
- And all the generous individual and camp family donors
Keystone Science School is American Camp Association Accredited