Camp Leadership Board
Ages 15-17 (current sophomores and juniors who are eligible for a 2018 Summer Camp session)
The Camp Leadership Board (CLB) is a great way to stay connected to KSS Camp and be an important part of Camp's future. CLB is comprised of 15 teen leaders, ages 15 to 17, who will actively represent the KSS Summer Camp community and develop their leadership skills through various activities during the year.
Members will focus on fundraising goals set by the CLB's chairpersons, strengthen their understanding of camp so that they can grow into stronger leaders and future counselors, and participate in retreats and conference calls throughout their term year.
Why Should I Apply for CLB?
- Get 1st choice of summer programs (based on availability)
- Opportunity to apply for a Junior Counselor position once you’re 18
- Build your résumé for college
- Advise Camp staff on how to improve programming
Board Requirements and Expectations
- Must be at least 15 years old or a current sophomore or junior in high school
- Be able to commit to term year (November – November)
- Pay the board entry fee of $350 (this covers retreat expenses and CLB gear)
- Participate in both the fall and spring retreats
- Attend at least one camp program in the summer of your board year (board members will get special early registration to the session of their choice, based on availability)
- Volunteer at least 25 hours in your local community throughout the year
- Volunteer at one KSS event (this can count toward your 25 volunteer hours) - Silent Auction at Dos Locos (August), Make a Difference Day (October), Sampler (date TBD)
- Participate in 4 out of 5 conference calls throughout the year
- Raise $400 to go towards a capital project of the CLB's choice
How to Apply
- Complete the online application - AVAILABLE STARTING SEPTEMBER 2, 2107.
- Interview with CLB chairpersons - interviews will be scheduled during September 2017.
- CLB members will be announced on October 7, 2017.