Stellar Day Camp Sessions
- Grades: K - 5 (Minimum Age 5)
- Time: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. Drop in by the day, stay for the week, or participate all summer long.
- Drop-off/Pick-up Locations: KSS Campus or Summit High School. Drop off is between 8:00 and 8:30 am and pick up is between 4:30 and 5:00 pm.
- Daily Fee: $75 per day, $375 per week
- Discounts: 5% Multi-child and 5% multi-session discounts are available and will be added in automatically during registration. Financial aid is available to qualifying applicants.
- Groups: Age- and grade-specific group programming; counselor/camper ratio is 1:6.
- Activities: Curriculum-based discovery hike, adventure day, camper choice activities, station exploration, large-group games (options vary by session theme and availability).
- Adventure Day: Choose your own adventure during registration. Options vary based on the session that you choose. Some adventures have maximum capacities. Register early to be guaranteed your first choice.
- Wednesday Overnights: Optional overnights are $80 and include dinner, breakfast, and lunch the following day. Overnight activities may include fishing, archery, and campfires. Available as an option during registration.
- Family Night: KSS Campus, Thursdays, 5:00 PM. Join your camper for an activity at the end of the camp day (activities vary based on session).
- Thursday Dress-up: Each Thursday we invite campers to show their imagination and dress up in a costume connected to the theme for the week.
2017 DAY CAMP SESSIONS
Registration Now Open!
For up-to-the-minute session availability, please reference the registration website.
*REGISTRATION NOTE: YOU MUST SELECT THE DAYS YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND IN SESSION OPTIONS OR YOUR REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
* TO RECEIVE THE 10% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ON STELLAR DAY CAMP SESSIONS, PLEASE ENTER THE COUPON CODE "DCEARLYBIRD" AT CHECKOUT. Valid 11/14-11/28 only.
Early Session: Flower Power
Dates: Monday, June 5 - Friday, June 9
Fee: $375 CAP Fee: $325
The hills are alive! Imagine with us as we search for beautiful Colorado wildflowers and invasive weeds to learn about how they have adapted to Summit County's high alpine environment.
Adventure Day: TBA
SESSION 1: Historical Hooligans of Colorado
Dates: Monday, June 12 - Friday, June 16
Fee: $375 CAP Fee: $325
There’s gold in them hills! Learn about the colorful characters of Summit County’s past, the famous Tom’s Baby and other stories from the gold rush era of Breckenridge.
Adventure Day: Tour the historic Country Boy Mine
SESSION 2: When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth!
Dates: Monday, June 19 - Friday, June 23
Imagine yourself in a time when the dinosaurs ruled the earth. We will journey into the Rocky Mountains’ prehistoric past as we explore the creatures that once dominated our environment. Keystone will come alive through archeological exploration of dinosaurs and fossils. We will have a special guest from the Museum of Western Colorado this week.
Adventure Day: Visit to Dinosaur Ridge OR on-campus dinosaur activities
SESSION 3: The Hunt for the Hot Pink Gorilla
Dates: Monday, June 26 - Friday, June 30
It's Captain Zero! It's Doctor Food waste! No! It's the Hot Pink Gorilla! Bring your magnifying glass and your detective badge as we investigate the legends and mysteries surrounding Summit County. We will make a special visit to the Summit County Sherriff's Department to learn police techniques.
Adventure Day: Swimming at the Silverthorne Rec Center
SESSION 4: The Fungus Amongus
Dates: Wednesday, July 5 - Friday, July 7
Fee: $225 CAP Fee: $175
PLEASE NOTE: This is a shorter session due to the July 4th holiday. The overnight is on Thursday evening for this session and Family Night will be on Friday.
What did the mushroom say to the fungus? You sure look like a fungi! Don't miss out on exploring the fungus amongus as we learn the ins and outs of our favorite local fungi. Make sure to sign up early 'cause there won't be mush-room!
Adventure Day: Ride a historic railroad
SESSION 5: Cosmic Celebration
Dates: Monday, July 10 - Friday, July 14 - Only a few spots left in this session!
Suit up and strap in for an adventure in a galaxy far, far away. Find the answer to all your night sky questions with our popular astronomy session. Join us as we learn about the planets, stars, black holes, and supernovas. This session will truly be out of this world!
Adventure Day: Visit DMNS Planetarium or enjoy cosmic lessons on-campus by Fiske Planetarium
SESSION 6: Summit County Survivor
Dates: Monday, July 17 - Friday, July 21 - Only a few spots left in this session!
Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Jungle! Prove your wilderness skills and outdoor knowledge with a multitude of challenges including a challenging hike, natural art, and survival skill sessions. Don't miss out on one of our most popular weeks. We will welcome some special visitors from emergency services this week!
Adventure Day: Copper Mountain Adventure Park
SESSION 7: Zany Zoology
Dates: Monday, July 24 - Friday, July 28
Moose, bears, and goats, oh my! Learn how Summit County animals adapt to our ever-changing mountain environment in this zany week. Explore the natural world and discover all the animals of the Rocky Mountains. We will make a special field trip to the Keystone Stables to learn about equine behavior.
Adventure Day: Visit the Denver Zoo OR meet a few animals from the Denver Zoo at KSS
SESSION 8: The Physics of Flight
Dates: Monday, July 31 - Friday, August 4
Get ready to channel your inner Maverick as Day Camp is about to take flight! Learn about what makes airplanes and helicopters fly through the sky. Be sure to grab your ticket for this fantastic flying week, and be prepared to go up, up and away. Expect some high-flying visitors this week!
Adventure Day: Ice Skating at Breckenridge Ice Rink
SESSION 9: Pirate's Life for Me!
Dates: Monday, August 7 - Friday, August 11
Yo-ho, Yo-ho, it’s a pirate’s life for me! We will be researching lakes and rivers around Summit County and exploring beneath the surface of these vast waterways. Rescue mermaids, walk the plank and discover the treasure of camp in this wet and wild week. We will be swimming at the Silverthorne Rec Center this week, along with other aquatic adventures!
Adventure Day: Splash around on paddleboats at Keystone Lake
SESSION 10: It's Electric! Boogey Woogey Woogey Woogey
Dates: Monday, August 14 - Friday, August 18
Fee: $375 CAP Fee: $315
PLEASE NOTE: There is no Wednesday night overnight for this session.
It’s Electric! Electrifying electricity will guide the currents of this week’s fun. Learn how light bulbs and lightning work while you slide, boogey and are SHOCKED by the world around us.
Adventure Day: Electrifying Science Experiments with Mad Science!