NOVA Day Camp Sessions
- Ages: 11-13 (Grades 6-8)
- Time: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. Drop-in by the day, stay for the week, or participate all summer long.
- Drop-off/Pick-up Locations: KSS Campus or Summit High School
- Daily Fee: Program Specific
- Discounts: 5% Multi-child and 5% multi-session discounts are available and will be added in automatically during registration. Financial aid is available to qualifying applicants.
- Capacity: Space is limited for this program, register early!
- Activities: Curriculum-based discovery hike, multiple adventure days, camper choice activities, large-group games, community service opportunities (options vary by session theme and availability).
- Wednesday Overnights: Optional overnights are $80 and include dinner, breakfast, and lunch the following day. Weather permitting, NOVA campers will sleep outside on the KSS campus and will have a special NOVA-only activity each session. Available as an option during registration.
- Family Night: KSS Campus, Thursdays, 5:00 PM. Day Camp and NOVA Day Camp families will join campers for an activity at the end of the camp day (activities vary based on session).
2017 NOVA DAY CAMP SESSIONS
Registration Now Open!
SESSION 1: Wild West Ranch Camp 1
Dates: Monday, June 19 - Friday, June 23
Pull on your cowboy boots and toss on your cowboy hat, it’s time to learn what makes a horse, a horse, of course, of course. This popular session is back! Campers will learn how to groom, saddle and ride a horse, along with studying horse anatomy and why these equine creatures behave the way that they do. We will cap off the week with a visit to the veterinary technology facility at Colorado Mountain College. Giddy-up and yee-haw!
Leadership Focus: Taking initiative and introspection
SESSION 2: KSS Golf Club!
Dates: Monday, June 26 - Friday, June 30
FORE! Join us for a week on the green. Learn and expand your golf skills through physics and practice as we explore Keystone Ranch Golf Course. Campers will take a look at wildlife and the habitat golf courses in the Rocky Mountain create as they hit the links daily.
Leadership Focus: Respect
SESSION 3: Secrets of the Galaxy
Dates: Tuesday, July 10 - Friday, July 14
Dance-off with Star-Lord as we take on this galactic adventure. Uncover the dark secrets of the galaxy as we study black holes, comets and other celestial mysteries. We will explore deep space as we visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science’s Planetarium, go indoor skydiving and visit the Chamberlain Observatory.
Leadership Focus: Challenge and success
SESSION 4: Into the Wild
Dates: Monday, July 17 - Friday, July 21
May the odds be ever in your favor during this wild week. It’s time to test your wilderness skills in the Rocky Mountain Jungle! Learn the ins and outs of nature and the skills to survive in the most extreme conditions. Zip your way into this unforgettable week, including a zipline adventure and historic mine exploration.
Leadership Focus: Diversity
SESSION 5: Dr. Jones' Archeology Week
Dates: Monday, July 24 - Friday, July 28
“X” never marks the spot when it comes to archeology. Pack your shovel and your magnifying glass, Indiana Jones, and prepare to get your hands dirty. This week we will learn about fossils, extinct civilizations and the geology of Colorado. Don’t miss out on discovering the secrets of the past. We will visit Dinosaur Ridge, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and will explore geologic layers from the river as we go rafting this week.
Leadership Focus: Communication
SESSION 6: Wild West Ranch Camp 2
Dates: Monday, July 31 - Friday, August 4
Grab the reins and saddle up for another session of ranch camp. Focusing on equine behavior and therapy, campers will learn how to ride and take care of everything equine, getting the whole kit and caboodle! Slide on your cowboy boots, and sign up your chickabiddys for this rip-roarin’ good time!
Leadership Focus: Values and dedication
SESSION 7: The Aquatic Life
Dates: Monday, August 7 - Friday, August 11
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? KSS Camp Counselors! Make a splash and learn about water from all angles with studies in macro-invertebrates and aquatic ecology. Wet and wild adventures include stand-up paddle boarding and a trip to Water World.
Leadership Focus: Teamwork