Camp Spider Monkey
PLEASE NOTE: This off-campus program helps campers develop their rock climbing skills and explore all that Summit County has to offer.
2018 CAMP SPIDER MONKEY SESSIONS
SPIDER MONKEY SESSION 1: Going Bananas for Biology!
Dates: Monday, June 11 - Friday, June 15
Come monkey around and learn what makes primates special with a week of animal adaptations.
Adventure Day: The Denver Zoo
What to Expect:
SPIDER MONKEY SESSION 2: Rock Out to a Fault
Dates: Monday, June 18 - Friday, June 22
Take a break, and break some rocks with us! You’ll LAVA Geology week while we explore the rocks that make up the mountains and the continental divide.
Adventure Day: TBA
What to Expect:
- Ages: 7-10
- Time: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Drop-in days are not available for this program.
- Groups: Trail groups are age- and grade-specific, climbing groups are skill-based, counselor/camper ratio is 1:7.
- Activities: Each session will include an adventure day, along with a curriculum-based Discovery Hike, one half-day of fine-tuning climbing skills at the Breckenridge Recreation Center's indoor climbing wall, a large-group game, and two half-days of outdoor climbing around the county with experienced guides.
- Family Night: Thursdays at 5:00 PM, join your campers and watch a video slideshow of their session. Location Frisco Library.
- Drop-off/Pick-up Location: Summit High School at Farmer’s Corner.
- Weekly Fee: $425
- Discounts: 5% multi-child and 5% multi-session discounts are available and will be added in automatically during registration. Financial aid is available to qualifying applicants.
- Wednesday Overnights: Experience a night away from home with an optional overnight. Overnights are $80 and include dinner, breakfast, and lunch the following day. Activities may include tie-dye, archery, and campfires. Available as an option during registration.