This is an entry-level marketing position with growth opportunities. This is a perfect position for anyone pursuing a career in marketing with hands-on experience. The purpose of the Customer Experience Specialist is to act as part of a team of liaisons between Keystone Science School and customers. The Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for upholding the KSS brand in external communications with prospective and currently enrolled clients, which includes both English and Spanish speakers. This position uses phone, electronic chat features, and email to answer questions, comments, and concerns for participants and parents of our programs.
This position acts as a registrar and supports the collection of program payment and camper paperwork. Additionally, Specialists support parent communcation throughout the summer camp season which includes assiting with parent newsletters, social media, and other mediums of parent communication. This position assists with parent check-in and could be called on to support program instructors as a substitute educator once or twice throughout the summer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participant Communication
- Communicate with participants through phone, in-person, and written mediums, which includes answering programmatic and logistics questions;
- Partner with the Customer Experience Manager and Program Managers to increase registrations for programs, such as Camp Programs and Girls in STEM, through email, online chat applications, and phone;
- Communicate programmatic logistical information to Program Coordinators collected throughout the registration and intake process;
- Draft written information to communicate logistical details to program participants;
- Attend events and fairs to increase awareness of and registration for KSS programs.
- Administration and Office Support
- Work with accounts receivable for all fee-for-service programs, which includes reporting and collections of any current or late balances;
- Create and distribute group program agreements and deposit information;
- Collect participant paperwork and disseminate necessary information to various departments within KSS;
- Oversee the purchasing, inventory, and shipping of online orders for the KSS School Store;
- Provide basic office support with the team of Customer Experience Specialists, which includes responsibilities such as mail collection and distribution and office/programmatic supply ordering.
- Content Creation and Digital Marketing Support
- Draft email campaign content and support the management of email lists;
- Collect, organize, and post on KSS social media outlets sharing the KSS story;
- Edit photos and videos to be used within KSS social media outlets.
- Draft blog posts and other content to support the goals of the KSS marketing department;
- Promotion and Outreach
- Attend various marketing and outreach events such as First Fridays, Farmers Markets, and other events;
- Design outreach for programs as well as organizational efforts;
- Creating relationships with organizations to help assist within our community;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Experience Specialists may be asked to participate in facilitating programming if needed.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.