Behavioral First Responder Course
with Alpenglow Education
April 1-2, 2023
The Behavioral First Responder course is designed for instructors, administrators, and counselors of all varieties that want to understand common behavioral issues and useful responses within the experiential education context. Our course will teach you overarching theories, models, and techniques adapted from the fields of social work, counseling, and psychology to help you understand why a student is demonstrating a particular behavior and some useful techniques that will help the student through their difficult moment.
- Course length: 20 hours
- Cost: $375 per participant
- Certification last for 3 years.
How to Enroll:
Enrollment deadline: Apply by February 24th.Apply Here
- Notification of application status will be emailed within 72 hours of submission
- Payment and Forms are due within 72 hours of acceptance*
- *Failure to meet deadlines for payment or forms will result in unenrollment from the course.
The following are some curriculum topics included in the BFR Certification:
- Strengths Based Approach
- Ecological Systems Theory
- De-escalation Techniques
- Students with Suicidal Ideation
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- And much more!
Who this course is for
The curriculum is specifically designed for Experiential Educators who work in the fields of Outdoor and Adventure Education, Camp Counseling, Wilderness Therapy, or Adventure Therapy. It is important to note that this certification does not make you a therapist or counselor. It is merely designed to give you insight into what is happening on the individual level, and help ensure your student's emotional safety until you can recommend future helpful avenues to them.