There’s always something fun going on in Summit County during the summer months as the different towns compete for your attention and showcase what makes this place so special. We’ve put together a shortlist of family-friendly events you should definitely check out. Consider mixing in some of these summer events with your outdoor adventures. For a full list of summer events and happenings in Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon, and Silverthorne, see the ExploreSummit.com calendar of events.
- Dillon Amphitheater Concerts – Every week of the summer, the Town of Dillon throws a variety of free and ticketed concerts. Past concerts include String Cheese Incident, the B-52s, the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, Lake Street Dive, DeVotchKa, and more! If music’s not your thing, they also show free movies all summer long.
- Dillon Farmers Market – The Dillon Farmers Market runs every Friday from 9am-2pm all summer long. You can find fresh produce, yummy hot food (empanadas, pierogies, and more!), bakery items, clothing, art pieces, and more! The Farmers Market is located near the Dillon Amphitheater and also features beautiful views of Lake Dillon, Peak 1, and more!
- Frisco BBQ Challenge – The Annual Frisco BBQ Challenge packs delicious barbeque from all over the country, free concerts, pig races, a 6k with a bacon aid station, chef demos, street performers, a firefighter cook-off, a whiskey tour, and more! It’s located on Frisco Main Street and typically runs sometime around the end of June.
- Keystone Festivals – Throughout the summer, the Keystone Neighborhood Company throws a variety of fun food and music festivals. Typically, the festivals include Beer & Bluegrass, Bacon & Bourbon, and Wine & Jazz. The festivals take place in River Run with a host of other great shops and restaurants to explore.
- WAVE Festival – Breck Create holds a variety of art festivals and special events throughout the summer. One of their most popular festivals is WAVE (Light + Water + Sound). This multimedia festival features different interactive art installations in and around the Blue River Plaza in Breckenridge and typically takes place around the end of May or early June. Check out the rest of the Breck Create website for more exhibitions and summer events!
- Silverthorne First Fridays – On the first Friday of every month, the town of Silverthorne puts on a free event for the community. It could be music in Rainbow Park or an Art Stroll by the Blue River, and it’s always a great time. First Fridays have a relaxed local vibe. You’ll always see kids running around, families catching up, and everyone enjoying the awesome place we’re in!