There is so much adventure to be had for teens in Summit County in the Summer months. The Rocky Mountains offer up trails for biking and hiking, cliffs for climbing, and rivers to run. When you’ve had enough vitamin D and forest bathing, there are lots of fun things to do indoors as well. Use this list to take on the day as a family or give teens their space to explore on their own. There’s something for everyone here at 9,000ft!
- Biking – Summit County has some of the most beautiful and challenging biking in the state. There are hundreds of mountain biking trails and recreational paths so both beginners and experts can find the perfect summer bike ride.
- Green Mountain Reservoir – About 20 miles north of Silverthorne, is Green Mountain Reservoir, the best spot for lake swimming, water sports, and beach days in Summit!
- Breckenridge Epic Discovery Park – At the base of Peak 8, there is an adventure park for kids, teens, and adults alike. The park includes a zipline, alpine slide, rock climbing, and more!
- Rock Climbing – There are tons of great spots throughout Summit County to go rock climbing. Check out Haus Rock in Montezuma, Windy Point on Swan Mountain, or Frisco Bouldering. If your teen is a beginner there are also great climbing gyms in Silverthorne and Breckenridge!
- Movie Theaters (Dillon or Breckenridge) – Rainy day? Skyline Cinema is centrally located in Dillon and is Summit County’s largest movie theater. There is always a collection of the newest movies. If you’re in Breckenridge you can check out the Speakeasy Movie Theater which shows both blockbuster movies and small independent movies.
- Escape Rooms – Breckenridge and Frisco each have Escape Rooms and is a great way to engage any teen. Schedule your time and see if they are up to the challenge!
- Community Events – Summit County is full of community events all summer long whether it’s outdoor concerts, food festivals, and public art. Check out the events calendar in the Summit Daily (local newspaper) and see what’s happening in Summit County during your stay.