Summer is quickly approaching and we’ve wrapped up the second round of scholarships for this year. Keystone Science School is proud to continue our tradition of giving campers a chance to come to camp through our scholarship program. Thanks to our Scholarship Committee comprised of volunteers, KSS has distributed over $51,000 in scholarship funding so far this year. Here are a few highlights from the process below.
- We received applications for 195 children, with 78 applying in round 2 of applications.
- Campers ranged from K-11th grade, with the 58% of applicants coming from families that qualify for free and reduced Priced meals or Colorado Health Plan Plus (CHP+).
- We have awarded a total of $51,168 to 146 campers with demonstrated need.
- The majority of awarded campers belong to our Summit School District families enrolling in day camp, closely followed by campers enrolling in Discovery camp.
- 89% of our applications came from families residing in Colorado with a third of those being residents of Summit County.
- The school grades with the most applicants were 5th, 6th, and 2nd grades.
We hope to continue to make camp as accessible as we can to all of our families and provide opportunities for campers to experience the magic of KSS.
This scholarship process would not be possible without the organization from our staff and without the dedication from our Scholarship Committee Volunteers. Thank you! You can join the committee here.