2019 Summer Camp: Summer of Curiosity
BE A PART OF THE BEST SCIENCE AND ADVENTURE FOCUSED SUMMER CAMP IN COLORADO!
Keystone Science School Camp programs blend hands-on science with outdoor, experiential education to create the best summer camp experience. Our programs follow a progression that ensures that campers can return each year for a fresh, exciting experience with new things to learn. From Day Camper to Discovery Camper to Keystone Mountain Adventurer or Counselor Assistant, campers have the opportunity to evolve from curious learners to confident leaders. Colorado presents the perfect landscape for campers to explore and challenge themselves.
AGES PROGRAM 5-6 Twinkle 7-10 Stellar 7-10 Adventure 11-13 Nova AGES PROGRAM 5-10 Intro to Discovery 7-14 Discovery 7-14 Discovery Deluxe AGES PROGRAM 12-14 Keystone Voyagers 15-17 Keystone Mountain Adventures AGES PROGRAM 11-17 Day Camp CAP 15-17 Discovery CAP
Each week of Day Camp has a unique theme whether it’s centered around a scientific concept or adventure activity. These theme-based weeks allow campers to go in-depth within a subject for the entire week. It’s guaranteed that campers will return home exhausted and anxiously awaiting the next day.
- Age and grade specific group programming
- Counselor/camper ratio is 1:6.5
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday
- Drop in each day, stay for the week, or participate all summer long
- Pick-up/Drop-off locations at KSS and Farmers Korner
- Optional overnight on Wednesday nights
Our classic 6-day program includes everything one would hope to have at summer camp: campfires, nature hikes, wilderness camping, tie-dye, songs, skits, summiting mountain peaks, Hot Pink Gorilla sightings, archery and so much more! Your child will return feeling accomplished, tired, and excited to tell you all about it.
- Lodging Options: Log-Style Dormitories or Rustic Canvas Tents
- Link week-long sessions with Fusion Weekends for custom length
- Classic overnight camp experience
Specifically for middle and high school students, our field-based wilderness programs are focused on the development of leadership and outdoor skills. Campers spend each night in a tent while exploring Colorado and Utah’s national parks, monuments and most scenic areas. Campers gain outdoor skills, confidence, and appreciation for the natural world.
- Completely field-based adventures
- Choose from locations across Colorado and Utah
- Activities include backpacking, rock climbing, rafting and more
- Limited-space, register early!
Counselor Assistant Program
CAP offers teens the opportunity to serve as role models, develop as leaders, and make a difference in the lives of others. CAPs assist with activity implementation and group management while developing their leadership skills. CAPs also get the opportunity to participate in exclusive activities with their peers.
- Each CAP will be given a counselor-mentor
- Work on new leadership skills, and get personalized feedback
- Personal reference letter from our Camp Director for 17-year old CAPs
Keystone Science School is American Camp Association Accredited