Keystone Science School works with teens across the country and throughout the year on our Discovery Camp and Adventures, and Outdoor Education programs or as CAPs and even staff! So we know a thing or two about what fun is to be had in our backyard. Here’s a list of some of our favorite activities for teens in Summit County. The list includes things to do that are fun for the whole family or activities where you can drop them off for their own adventures.
- Snowshoeing – There are so many great hiking and snowshoeing trails across Summit County. Check out the KSS Blog on some of Summit County snowshoe hiking trails to learn more.
- Cross-Country Skiing – There are so many cross country ski trails and many of them can be accessed within walking distance of any home rental or main street location. Rent skis for the week and your teen can have a new adventure every day. To learn more about Summit County cross-country trails check out this blog.
- Ice Skating – Keystone Resort has one of the largest zamboni-groomed ponds in the country. This is a great location for any teen. They have a warming hut with TVs, video games, and skate rentals. Teens can rent ice skates or bring their own. For those in Breckenridge, you can go to the Stephan A Ice Rink which has public skating and skate rentals. If they have their own ice skates there are ponds in Silverthorne and Frisco that can be accessed free of charge.
- Tubing (County Wide) – There are several tubing hills at each Resort or Frisco Adventure Park. Teens can schedule their time slot and have fun sliding down the hill with a rope tow system. This is a perfect outdoor activity for any teen that might not want to ski.
- Movie Theaters (Dillon or Breckenridge) – Skyline Cinema is centrally located in Dillon and is Summit County’s largest movie theater. There is always a collection of the newest movies. If you’re in Breckenridge you can check out the Speakeasy Movie Theater which shows both blockbuster movies and small independent movies.
- Ice Castles – Dillon is home to world-famous ice castles. You can purchase a ticket and let them explore the ice castles. If your teen is always taking pictures with their phone, they will be sure to get their fill of unique pictures to share with their friends at home.
- Escape Rooms – Breckenridge and Frisco each have Escape Rooms and is a great way to engage any teen. Schedule your time and see if they are up to the challenge!
- Community Events – Summit County is full of community events all winter long whether it’s outdoor concerts, ski/snowboard competitions, and public art. Check out the events calendar in the Summit Daily (local newspaper) and see what’s happening in Summit County during your stay.